- Eat a meal that does not contain wheat,
rye, barley and their products.
- Don’t indulge in gluten containing diets even occasionally.
- Gluten restriction is for lifelong.
- Be sensitive to unintentional gluten
ingestion. Be careful while eating meals outside.
- Always read the label of commercial food products before purchasing.
- While visiting relatives/ friends, inform them well in advance
about your’s or your child’s intolerance to gluten
Foods to be avoided strictly
- Cereals : Atta, Maida,Sooji, Rye, Barely, Dalia.
- Processed Cereals: Noodles, pastas, bread, bread rolls,pizzas, wheatflakes, Breadcrumbs, Soupsticks, Semiyan, Dalia, Double Roti, Rusk, Cake Etc
- Snacks:Patty, Burger, Kulcha, Nan, Upma, Crackers, Biscuits, Cutlets and other wheat Products
- Cooked cereals: Roti, parantha, poories, dalia, halwa etc.
- Beverages: Barely water, hot chocolate, complan. horlicks, boost , bourvita, soups made of soup cubes or soup powder etc.
- Desserts: Cakes, pasteries, pies, ice cream, laddu with atta, eclairs, chocolates, Milk cakes, Jalebi etc.
- Tinned & Canned Foods: Vegetable sauces, instant curry mixes, baked beans.
- Processed Meats:Sausages, hams, seek kabab, tikka etc.
Food which can be taken
- Cereals: Rice, Makki(Bhutta), Makki ka atta, Tapioca, sago, bajra, jawar, sighara ka atta, arrowroot.
- Pulses: All dals, besan, channa, besan papad, soyabean, rajmah etc.
- Processed Cereals: Chirwa, murmura, rice flakes, cornflakes, puffed rice, pop corn, rice noodles, rice papad, sago papad etc.
- Snacks: Idlis, dosa, vadas, rice murukku, arrowroot, halwa, aloo cutlets, roasted corn, roasted etc.
- Cooked cereals:Boiled rice, pulao, curd rice, makki ki roti, bajra, jawar roti, Besan ki chapati etc.
- Desserts: Freshly prepared rice kheer, Sago kheer, Fresh paneer, Caramel Custard, Carrot halwa, Sliced fruits with sugar, Honey.
- Beverages: Fresh juices, tea, coffee, fresh milk, fresh curd, lassi, soda, fresh soup with / without cornstrach
- Eat freshly cooked vegetables, fresh fruits, any kind of fats and oils, whole/ ground spices and condiments.
- Freshly cooked meat, fish, chicken, eggs etc.